Niknaks Paddle Shack – Canoe, Kayak and Bike Rentals
2018 Summer Employment Opportunity
Are you a motivated, hard-working student looking for a fun, outdoor summer job? Great news! Niknaks Paddle Shack is hiring!
We are looking for an energetic, friendly, and passionate Recreation Attendant for Summer 2018 to assist us with our daily rental operations. Live the dream and spend your summer working alongside the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site, in beautiful Smiths Falls.
As the Recreation Attendant, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Daily set-up/break-down of equipment (patio, rentals, signage, etc)
- Ensuring all documentation/waivers are signed by clients
- Providing clients with mandatory safety equipment and safety & usage instructions for various rental equipment
- Assisting clients in/out of water rentals
- Overseeing the general safety of our clients on the water
- Processing client payments, including the sale of canteen items
- Helping with events and any other tasks as needed
Qualified applicants will possess:
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education in a sports/leisure related program or hospitality and tourism program
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Proven recreational programming, leadership and supervisory skills will be an asset
- A valid Emergency First Aid/CPR Level C or equivalent certificate will be considered an asset.
- Lifeguard/watersport certifications (i.e. Paddle Canada, ORCKA, etc.) will be considered an asset
This seasonal, full-time position (30-35 hrs/week) is expected to run from mid-June to late-August 2018. The successful applicant will be required to work MOST WEEKENDS, holidays and some evenings. Due to the nature of the business, this position requires daily heavy lifting and carrying (up to 65 lbs). Hours may be weather dependant.
Hours: Full-Time, Seasonal (30-35hrs)
Location: Smiths Falls
Date Posted: April 17, 2018
Closing Date: April 27, 2018
Start Date: June 16, 2018
How to apply:
Please email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Recreation Attendant Application” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.